Computer instructions or data. Anything that can be stored electronically is software. Thestorage devices and display devices are hardware.
The terms software and hardware are used as both nouns and adjectives. For example, you can say: “The problem lies in the software,” meaning that there is a problem with the program or data, not with the computer itself. You can also say: “It’s a software problem.”
The distinction between software and hardware is sometimes confusing because they are so integrally linked. Clearly, when you purchase a program, you are buying software. But to buy the software, you need to buy the disk (hardware) on which the software is recorded.
Software is often divided into two categories:
– systems software : Includes the operating system and all the utilities that enable the computer to function.
– applications software : Includes programs that do real work for users. For example, word processors, spreadsheets, and database management systems fall under the category of applications software.
Refers to objects that you can actually touch, like disks, disk drives, display screens, keyboards, printers, boards, and chips. In contrast, software is untouchable. Software exists as ideas, concepts, and symbols, but it has no substance.
Books provide a useful analogy. The pages and the ink are the hardware, while the words, sentences, paragraphs, and the overall meaning are the software. A computer without software is like a book full of blank pages — you need software to make the computer useful just as you need words to make a book meaningful.
data= dades, stored=emmagatzemada, storage=emmagatzematge, display=mostrar, systems software=sistemes de programari, applications software=aplicacions de programari, objects that you can actually touch=objectes que es poden tocar, software is untouchable=programari és intocable , A computer without software is like a book full of blank pages =Un ordinador sense programari és com un llibre ple de pàgines en blanc
input : CD drive, network card, CD-DVD recording drive,modem,RAM card,Mouse, Scanner, microphone, network card,Keyboard,
output :headphones, printer,Screen,speakers
1- Reoprt here our results.
I’ve done it 6 times and 4 have been no errors
2- Which words were completely new for you?
3- Whta’s the most difficult word for your to remember?
4- What’s your favorite word from the list?
- a DVD—- DVD
- a tower PC—Torre de pc
- a pair of speakers—-altavoces
- a screen—-pantalla
- a monitor…. monitor
- a desktop PC—PC de escritorio
- a printer — impresoara
- a CD— CD
- a workstation— estacion de trabajo
- a keyboard— teclado
- a pair of headphones—- auriculares
- a laptop —- portatil
- a mobile phone — telofono mobil
- mobile devices— dispositivos mobiles
- a mouse—- raton
- a CD drive— unidad de CD
- a scanner —escaner
- a tablet PC —tablet pc
- an MP3 player— reproductor mp3
- a webcam—- camara web
- a camcorder— videocamra
- a digital camera— camra digital
- a headset— kit manos libres portatil
- a microphone—microfono
- a PDA—- PDA
- a memory stick—- tarjeta de memoria
- a joystick—- palanca de mano
- a USB hub — hub USB
- a portable drive— unidad portatil
- a graphics tablet— tableta grafica
- a flip cam— leva flip
- a CD writer— grabadora de CD
- a mouse mat—- alfomrilla para el raton
- a USB cable— cable USB
- a wireless hub— concentrador inalambrico
- a printer cable— cable de impresora
My name is kevin ,i’m 16 years old and live Sabadell